3.0

When I signed up for Vida I was told that Vida "wasn't like other timeshares." If I couldn't use my week, I didn't have to pay for it and they would rent it for me for a small fee.That was an outright lie.

Not only do they not rent out your week for or from you, but you have to pay the annual maintenance fee in order to do that. "Concierge services" was also played up. Those services are usually not cheaper than anything else you can find. I was in the military at the time and thought this was a great thing.

What a waste of money. I was also given Vida weeks that I could use even on short-notice.

What they don't tell you is that you have to belong to some other company (paying those membership fees, too) in order to use them.Also, most of the time they are not even worth using because you can find cheaper places to stay at rather than use those "weeks" that are supposed to be such a bonus.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with beautiful location and people at the front desk and stated that there is a room for improvement of being mislead and charges. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss not as described of vida vacations vacation ownership and associated monetary loss in the amount of $30000. Vida Vacations needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned vida vacations vacation ownership in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Vida Vacations.

Had an Experience with Vida Vacations?

Comments

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #1224454

If you do not want to reserve a week, you do not have to pay the maintenance fee.Maintenance fees are only assessed at the time you place a reservation.

If you want to rent out the week you own, you do have to pay the maintenance fee assessment.

A week must be assigned to you at a specific resort property and location, before you can engage the rental process.

margaretnewer
#1208778

I've spent a lot of money and i was scammed by other companies trying to cancel my timeshare. My advice is that if you're going to hire a company to help you with the problem, DO NOT PAY ANYTHING UPFRONT, because it use to be a fraud. I did a research on internet and i found some interesting articles, i recommend you to read this one:

margaretnewer
#1208777

Dear Anonymous user,

We were alerted to your report and appreciate the opportunity to offer assistance to clarify this mattter.

We are certain that as soon as we are contacted at customercare@vidavacations.com we will be able to help you start using your member benefits to make the most of your vacation club with us.

We look forward to helping you!

Sincerely,

The Customer Care Team.

Each timeshare development is slightly different than other timeshares, so the sales person didn't lie on that point.The Vida Vacations weeks are what are called "bonus weeks" in the industry.

They are the unsold timeshare units, not reserved by the developer for regular rental or discounted rentals to prospective buyers. You are correct that the Concierge Services are no different than the Concierge Services available elsewhere.

All they offer is convenience.In Mexico, usually the Concierge's knowledge is limited to the specific resort and a few restaurants/activities from which they receive a referral fee, based upon the card or code provided (You receive X% off the bill, and the Concierge receives a flat or percentage referral).