Update by user Apr 12, 2014

I am responding to my previous message from January. Mayan Resorts has made an amicable settlement with my husband and me.

We have no further complaint with the company. I have not been able to remove the comment post entirely at this point.

Original review posted by user Jan 17, 2014

My experience is the same as the others and I am looking for an attorney to help me end this.

In October 2011 while my husband and I were vacationing in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico when we were told we could get a free excursion if we visited the Mayan Resorts. While there we were pressured into buying a timeshare for $7,000. We were wined and dined, pressured, told about all these benefits (none of which actually worked), and stupidly believed it all.

We tried to cancel, and were told we missed our time period to cancel - which they never told us about. Then told us in 3 years we can sell the timeshare and get our money back. Three years later, we are trying to sell this timeshare back and they are saying 1) we have to sell it on our and 2) pay them $5,000+ (10 times the mandatory maintenance fee) to allow us to sell the share. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. They say "it's in the contract!" Yea, but when we asked all about this, none of this was explained or told to us. In fact we were told the opposite.

All I want is to just end this relationship with this horrible company. I am looking for assistance, specifically an attorney since when we just spoke to Vida they were not willing to work with us and in fact, continued the lies - "your maintenance fee is waived you don't have to pay it if you don't use your timeshare," yet that's not listed anywhere on the bill and what happened to the three years worth of maintenance fees we paid but didn't use the time share because we couldn't.

Oh and they never did sell all those extra weeks the told us we would get and would pay our $7,000 back. All the companies Vida told us we have to pay and they sell our "weeks" - well we paid, but nothing was sold.

Someone please help me!

Monetary Loss: $12000.

Comments

San Diego, California, United States #814613

How did you get out of the contract you should post how you did it so it can help all of the other people that are still getting scammed out of their money. Did you use an attorney? did you file a complaint?

LovingMexico is a Shill for the Mayan. They refuse to acknowledge the tactics used at the Mayan. LM is assuming the Mayan is being truthful, nothing could be further from the truth.

were you ever able to get any where with this thru an attorney or do they not deal with business in mx

LovingMexico
Phoenix, Arizona, United States #792809

I'm incredibly surprised that you expected something other than what you have received. Why couldn't you use your time over the last 3 years?

Were you unable to go down there, did you fail to pay or make reservations? You purchased "time" that you "share" with other members in one of the most beautiful places on earth. I find it quite entertaining that so many people think they live in a World of guarantees and refunds.

You are still guaranteed your time at the Resort and you will receive what you paid for. Enjoy!

to LovingMexico Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico #828779