Update by user Nov 16, 2014

We have works with Vida sales to resolved our issue and they have gracefully been attentive to our concern. We requested that they return our previously pledge timeshare from Marriott.

They have agreed to cancel the transaction proceedings and they have allowed us to sign a return of property document. They have now received it and have acknowledged that the property is now back in our possession and no further action will be taken by them. Our expectations is to completely cancel the contract for which we still believe was not what we were promised in person. We are still in the process of getting this nullified.

We hope and expect that they will accommodate this effort. We still expect to travel to the Mayan resort in Riviera Maya as we love the resort, the people, food and overall accommedations are by amazing.

Original review posted by user Nov 03, 2014

The sales rep Julian Poot and Salvador Sosa have completely misrepresented the sale of a tier 3 vacation privileges. We were conned into signing a document under pressure.

They said if we gave up our Marriott Surfwatch time share to them and $6000 that we would be able to have 2 weeks/2br suites at the Bliss and Mayan Palace in Riviera Maya every year for a weekly cost of $299 & $399 for 10 years. In addition, they promised us $3000 worth of Vida dollars that we can use toward flight purchases. As it turns out, we cannot use the $3000 towards plane tickets and we are not able to book back into Bliss or Mayan Palace in Riviera Maya. This is a fradulent contract they made us signed.

They took our $6000 and timeshare from Marriott to receive a lesser valued program. We have now filed a complaint with our credit card to get back our $6000 and we have file a hold with Marriott to prevent them from taking our time share, but there are no guarantees with that. We will be filing a complaint in the local Mexican jurisdiction to complain about these tactics as well. I have tried calling more than 20 times to resolve this issue and ensure that we are given what we signed up for.

They are the most unprofessional people I have dealt with. They do not return phone calls and consistently lie on the phone.

Even the so called supervisor Carlos Chavez promised that he would personally resolve this issue to no avail. We will be going to the Mayan resorts next year again and you can bet they will try to sell us again, but I can guarantee one thing, not going to happen....

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Fraud.

Comments

Vancouver, Washington, United States #896453

Please let me know if you have any luck from your credit card company. I too filed a dispute with Chase Bank and Visa, right now the purchase is on hold.

I have more paper work to fill out. Vida is a very corrupt company! They are liars and cheaters. I also own at the Villa Group and Grand Solmar, they are wonderful companies that offer amazing time shares and care about their customers.

This is NOT one of those companies. Can we file a class action law suite??? I'm putting together a u-tube video and going on face book and twitter to warn others.

If I can save just one person from going through this it will be worth the extra time and effort.

to Tracy Camp New Windsor, New York, United States #898254

Hello Tracy,

I have been in touch with Vida Sales and they are trying to resolve my concerns. At this point we have agreed mutually that they will return my Marriott timeshare that we had originally pledged to them.

I have signed a return of property document and they have received it and have email acknowledged that my Marriott timeshare will remain in my name and I will continue to be financially responsible for it. I have not received any other document from them officially other than the email stating so. No word from my Credit Card company on further actions, I have submitted the contracts and my concerns to them which they are investigating further.

Not sure a class action lawsuit would apply given it is outside the US (not sure to be honest), but there may be similar proceedings that could take place in Mexico, within the arbitration court. I have been told by local Mexicans who I work closely with that the courts take these allegations seriously and would pursuit any claim there, but may require you to travel there and hire a lawyer and could take months to resolved.

Dear bunziworld user,

Your comment has been brought to our attention.

As you now know, even though we are a separate and independent company from the Vacation Privileges Club, we ask that you allow us to intervene by forwarding your information to them.

Please contact us at 1-800-292-9446 or at grupomayanblog@grupovidanta.com. Once we obtain your package’s information, we will send it over to them.

They will certainly provide you personalized assistance in a promptly manner.

We are grateful for your time.

Sincerely, The Customer Support Team.

to Vida Vacations #894973

You say, "as you know they are a separate company". Now how was this latest victim supposed to know that?

Once again Vida Vacations blames the victim for believing what they are hearing from Vida Sales Reps. Just lovely.

He doesn't need prompt attention he needs prompt a refund.