I am posting to advise on the poor treatment by Vida Vacations.

We arrived at Cancun airport and booked a cab with yellow taxis who took us over to someone to show us where we go to pick up the taxi, he was infact a sales representative, and spoke about visiting the Mayan Palace to attend a presentation and learn about the hotel, we have visited Mexico a few times and love it and therefore were genuinely are interested in further options for holidays. We are professional business people.

On arrival to the airport The sales representative took from us 3,000 peso in cash (told us the did not accept credit cards !) and wrote on the receipt that we would have discounts for me, my partner and two children to Xcaret and Xel Ha. At a tour price of 60 dollars and 49 dollars respectively, That we would receive when we attended the presentation, we were picked up and taken by taxi to the hotel (50 minute drive). We did not have breakfast as were promised breakfast on arrival.

We arrived were not even met with a drink, the receptionist took our receipt and asked from ID and proof of address which I provided.

My Partner and I have been living together for 18yrs and have two children (with my partners surname), I showed documents proving we live at the same address, we were told however that this was not acceptable and that we are 'over budget' on the tours we have been promised and therefore would be refunded our money but not given the tours. We had no drinks , no breakfast not even a tour of the beautiful resort , all because we were not married , in the UK all major banks and companies accept that 'living together' is a common place, we have joint bank accounts and shared money and therefore the authority to buy into Travel Schemes together.

However we where escorted from the premises as though we were second class citizens , I had to ask for a glass of water before the 50min drive home, and given were given no apology.

But by the sounds of it we had a close escape as did not attend the hard sell !!

Review about: Vida Vacations Sales Representative.

Comments

Talpa, Texas, United States #795925

You betcha! You had a narrow escape. Please never buy timeshares!