1.7K views
1.7

We actually booked our stay here through OUR FAVORITE vacation service, Global Discovery Vacations. When we found out we weren't beachfront, we asked to be.

The hitch?

Timeshare presentation.

We went. Turned everything down like 25x like you have to, and were on our way out of the door to transportation and with parting gifts.

Saleslady walks up to us with one last beg. Then a guy came up.

"We have a foreclosure. We will give you this foreclosure, WITH ALL THE THE THINGS WE PROMISED IN THE ORIGINAL PRESENTATION."

Complimentary (which I always thought meant free) cruise week, complimentary vacation week. Free upgrade to Grand Luxe at Puerto Penasco.

"This is a one time price. We will include the $99 yearly fee."

So I ask, "We get EVERYTHING just offered in the presentation? Forever? Because this IS a foreclosure right?"

Reply? "Yes."

So we grab it. Where can you get that for $1500?

Not at Vidanta. Or in our case, their other wing, Destinos.

Turns out, our membership expires in 2019, and the "complimentary" cruise starts at $799.

I wanted to use that "complimentary" week in Puerto Vallarta this past August. Called in, got the run around, and was told it would cost $599.

It gets better. I book through GDV at a rate too low to mention, in Puerto Vallarta in August. Same week.

Go through the infamous time share gauntlet at PVR, at the Vidanta people pull us aside, give us a bottle of tequila, and ask us to come to the resort the next morning. Since we're already "owners."

Long story short, this was nothing more than another presentation.

Remember what I said previously about expiration of membership?

It was at THAT presentation we found out.

They told us to our face that THEY screwed us, our whole "foreclosure" thing was nothing but a lie, and that our membership was actually just an introductory membership.

But we can upgrade you to something full for $55,000!

Trying to find someone to complain to to get our $1500 back that they admitted they lied to us in every way to get.

Review about: Vida Vacations Membership.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Misleading tactics false offers dishonesty.

Comments

All is true, thanks for posting

Palo Alto, California, United States #1341808

I have sign up the vida vacation, and it does not allow me to cancel the membership because it is 5 days.

it is a terrible customer service, and I want to get refund back.

it will not allow me because my membership is active.

In additional, I have option 1 to void the contract and i owe credit card bills is 3090.

Vida Vocation- wendy says does not owe money from the corporate office.

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada #1274746

File your complaint to PROFECO. All the procedures to properly file a complaint report to PROFECO can be accessed from these websites.

General information

Complaint Form

Follow-up email extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx

to Marko Tango #1278630

Thanks

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #1264226

I have two comments:

1. There are no Grand Luxxe facilities at Puerto Penasco (only Mayan Palace and the Grand Mayan).

What they labeled a "foreclosed membership" was probably a canceled membership. Someone goes to the sales presentation and exercises their right to cancel the purchase within 5 business days.

Then the sales team resells that membership, after labeling it as a foreclosure. It is similar to the "open box" at a retail establishment.

to PEMCO #1264252

They walked us through what they called Grand Luxxe.

Makes sense.

kennykscott
to PEMCO Dalton, Georgia, United States #1279042

From all your other comments on other post, I believe you are an employee of the Company. It really is not that difficult to figure that out.

But thought that I should enlighten you and give you a heads up so that you can start posting as an anonymous user. Oh but wait, you are already doing this and now we just have to see that your comments come from the same area to figure it out. You and your company are full of BS if you think that we are *** enough to fall for your lies anymore.

Everyone should keep up the good work on getting the word out about Vida Vacations. This is really starting to hurt their business.

to kennykscott Chicago, Illinois, United States #1279061

I don't know who you were referring to but I'm far from anonymous.

Why would I complain if I worked for the company?

I'm trying to get my money back!

Smfh.

Anderson, Indiana, United States #1262952

complete rip off and liars

to Anonymous Chicago, Illinois, United States #1263848

Indeed!

PEMCO
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #1239968

I think you received a fairly good deal. You paid $1,500 for 10 use years, that's %150 per year, plus fees, plus maintenance fee.

It sounds like you are saving about $500 - $1,000 per week.

You receive most of the benefits provided to the original buyer. My advise is to return 2 or 3 more times, then decide whether an upgrade is beneficial to you.

to PEMCO Chicago, Illinois, United States #1263847