I’ll say it loud and clear: The Mayan Palace/Vida Vacations is a criminal organization.

Back in 2008 after completing radical stemcell surgery I went to a timeshare presentation at the Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta, I wanted the freedom of a place to relax but knew that there was a chance I would need the money more after all of my medical bills. So I wanted to be sure this was an investment I could easily rent or sell if I could not use it.

The sales staff lied. The promised that I would be able to rent this with my eyes closed. And that there was a robust market for the property. I have tried countless times to right this wrong but those who are in charge--namely Kelsy Christensen, Sales Manager and Priscilla Guitz, VLO Manager have decided that keeping my $15,000 is more important than the truth. I WILL NOT stop until these criminals return whats mine. Forget the fact that i was medically impaired, not one of the promises they made to was even close to the truth.

The internet is littered with their victims, mine is not an isolated case by any stretch of the imagination.

How the owner Daniel Chavez supports this is beyond belief. For him to deny knowledge about what’s on the internet is ludicrous. In my mind these practices flow down from him--he is the true leader of this criminal organization.

I will continue to post on any and every venue that reaches anyone who may consider purchasing at the Mayan Palace. As it turned out I am on disability so I have nothing to do all day and night but speak the truth and bring down this incredibly fraudulent operation. Shame on you!!

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

Richmond, California, United States #891701

Ms. Rose Vida sales reps trained by Vida management conned me into believing that rental income from this purchase was a certainty, and I believed them.

If it's in your contract that you shouldn't purchase for rental income then why is it trained to your sales teams to sell it that way? If Vida is truely the good corporate citizen that it purports to be in all of its advetising and philanthropic endevours, then your decision to finally do what's right should not be a difficult one.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada #890881

If half of this story is true it's unbelievable how they allow this. I almost went to work for these people who interviewed me in Van..

Dear Anonymous user,

We have been notified about your comment.

We can safely confirm the legitimacy of our operations as we proudly have more than one hundred thousand very satisfied members and we continue to host a large amount of guests on a weekly basis. Moreover, this year we are celebrating 40 years in the tourism industry; which would not have been accomplished if your claims were legitimate.

Nonetheless, as part of our daily quest for improvement and high regard for customer satisfaction, we are diligently working to resolve any pending concerns that our customers might have and we make sure they are addressed.

Each case is different and handled accordingly. Based on that premise, we kindly ask you to reach out to us by telephone at 1-800-292-9446 or by email at grupomayanblog@grupovidanta.com.

We look forward to providing you personalized assistance.

We truly appreciate your time and look forward to helping you make the most of your vacation membership with us. Sincerely, Karen Rose Customer Support Representative.