Brewer, Maine
1.1K views

Update by user Feb 16, 2015

Well I see Vidanta has found a replacement for the rental scam that brought too much negativity...Wanting to appear legit and still sell high volume they created Vida Lifestyles. If they just sold it for what it was (a rewards benefit) it would be legit...however sales has turned it in to another scam....just look at the complaints popping up now.

As I stated in my comments below my Senator's staffers are collecting my info and how Vidanta scammed me, I don't know what will come of it, but at the very least there a spotlight on the double dealing ways of Vidanta's organization.

Once they see the how the broker (who's info came from Vida) used mail and wire to conduct this fraud, I can't imagine they'll be happy about being so closely connected with someone the Federal Gov't has under indictment.

As I said previously I know Cirque du Soleil had no direct hand in the deception/fraud, but their involvement with Vidanta helped bring me to the conclusion that Vidanta was who the sales team said they were. Nothing could have been further from the truth.

Update by user Feb 13, 2015

So, the post directly above gets corp. attention and I get the cold shoulder.

Did I not describe the situation clearly enough?

If I am incorrect with my facts please set me straight. I may be old but the account below is exactly the way it happened.

Original review posted by user Feb 11, 2015

This is a call to all of the unsuspecting consumers who fell victim to the largest timeshare scam in Mexico. Personally Vida Vacations got me for $54,000, I know there are many more people like me out there, I would encourage all those who have been deceived by the double dealing sales reps whom Vida Vacations employs to become more vocal.

I'm sure that if you bought a Vida contract in the last three to five years you were promised rental income, possibly the resale of a previously owned timeshare or perhaps like me a phony equity credit for other timeshares. More recent purchase seemed to have been defrauded through their Vida Lifestyles or phony deed presentation. In addition to posting here as well as other forums I would encourage you to inform their new partner Cirque du Soleil as to the duplicitous behavior in which Vida achieves their sales by using the credibility of the Cirque Brand, if in fact that is your case.

contact@cirquedusoleil.com

Listen, I'm close to 70 yrs old, I've been around the block a time or two and that's why I'm so upset about losing $54,000 to these scoundrels. I know Cirque had no direct involvement in me being ripped-off. However, I will tell you that their involvement with Vidanta undoubtedly caused me to conclude that Vidanta was on the up and up. So when I was put on the phone with one of Vidanta's rental brokers who validated everything the sales rep said, I thought what I was hearing was legit in regards to the rental income to be generated from the excessive Vida weeks I purchased. The broker, Resort Rentals Mexico obviously has done nothing except provide excuses and now the owner of the company has been indicted on federal wire/mail fraud and aggravated identity theft and faces more time than Bernie Madoff. This next link details the charges against him, also included in the thread is a nice little story about the company who handled my equity trades, they ripped me off for another $4,000. I did not seek these two company's out myself, they were both key to the sales process and ultimately my decision process.

Vida doesn’t dispute that I was lied to, and in fact this would be an unrealistic position as their notorious practices are well documented throughout the internet. What the company does say is that those promises made by the sales team are not consistent with the timeshare contract, and therefore Vida will not support the representations made by its sales teams. If I choose to dispute their contract I must travel to Guadalajara, Mexico, hire a local attorney and file a case with an arbitration board. This would likely take eight months to two years of hearings to conclude, some of which would require my attendance. Obviously this makes the likelihood for such a dispute, as well as its proper resolution all but impossible.

Prior to posting this I sent a copy of this exact post to Vidanta, its owner Ivan Chavez and their Houston PR Firm Richards Partners asking for the proper resolution and have yet to receive any response. I have filed a IC3 complaint with the FBI and have been in contact with the FTC.

Attached are two doc's that illustrate the conspiracy to defraud.

CSGT0781

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. RobG207 stated that there is a room for improvement of staff and being scammed. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss not as described of vida vacations vacation ownership and associated monetary loss in the amount of $54000. Vida Vacations needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned vida vacations vacation ownership in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Vida Vacations.

Comments

Iggyearl

You sir, deserve a round of applause. Well written and well organized.

Although you may not get that wonderful response from Karen Rose - your posting will provide good warning to others on the internet. The days of "making things right" by Vida may be over, but you will definitely have an effect on their marketing. I have a friend in similar (but less expensive) circumstances.

I will not set foot in a Vida resort. I thank you and others will thank you.

to Iggyearl Brewer, Maine, United States #944853

Thank you for your comment, I am pleased this will helpful to others that was one of my objectives. By no stretch have I given up on a proper resolution.

Because I live in a sparsely populated state I was able to get the office of a U.S.

to look into this, can't say what they will do but I'm sure Vida is not going to like the attention.

Stay tuned,