1.1K views

My family and i went to mexico to try to enjoy a week down south.unfortunately we spent a handful of our time stuck in a presentation at The Mayan Palace ( a whole 6 hours in one day!) We went back to our hotel later that day and realized many "perks and benefits" that we negotiated to be missing from our contact.

We had already been on the fence, but this sealed the deal for us. We went back two days later to cancel, which was well within the rescission period and that took another hour to give our reason for cancellation and then they tried to sell us another package. we just weren't interested. THREE HOURS LATER they FINALLY let us go with everything canceled and we were told we'd have the money back into our account within 15 days ( the money they charged on our credit card without approval).

Its been a month now and we still haven't seen a dime.

DO NOT TRUST THIS PROGRAM.We have RCI and they are reliable and we are content with them.

This person wrote the review because of return, exchange or cancellation policy at Vida Vacations. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Vida Vacations to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was resort was in the middle of nowhere, losing a whole day of vacation, deceptive practices and being misled. Author liked the most weather. If you have a chance, please contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Vida Vacations and vida vacations mayan palace vacation ownership for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Vida Vacations?

Comments

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States #1266801

We also attended a presentation.They had a very nice buffet breakfast.

What we thought was strange was they asked us to leave a tip for the waiters. If we are a possible client, what was that all about? Perhaps the sales people were 0$ salary and commission only...so they don't want to spend their $$ on a tip?

We are not opposed to tipping as everyone has to make a living, but we told the salesperson that she brought us to the buffet and it was her responsibility. That set the tone for the rest of the morning.

The usual gauntlet of managers and quality assurance people followed.We held tight and did not sign anything.

Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico #1240104

I bough studio last month and that's bull *** what you just said because I gave them my credit card and sign a receipt so the part saying you were charged without you permission tell me that you're unhappy client that would lie just to make this company look bad so just be realistic.

margaretnewer
#1208770

I've spent a lot of money and i was scammed by other companies trying to cancel my timeshare. My advice is that if you're going to hire a company to help you with the problem, DO NOT PAY ANYTHING UPFRONT, because it use to be a fraud. I did a research on internet and i found some interesting articles, i recommend you to read this one:

At Vidanta Resorts, you went into a closing room (your sales person sat next to you), as the Closing Agent recorded your response to several questions (when you purchased your timeshare membership? The Closing Agent (not the sales person, and not the Sales Manager) is the only person on-site who can cancel your membership.

so are you saying they charged your card without you signing a voucher .gow did they charge your card if you didn't give it to them .

Sorry to ask but we are staying in Puerto Vallarta and like it so much we are scheduled for a presentation .Thanks

Dear Anonymous user,

We were alerted to your concerns and appreciate the opportunity to respond.

We truly regret to hear about the inconveniences you have experienced during this process, though we are certain this will be clarified as soon as you reach out to us at customercare@vidavacations.com

Once we obtain your package’s information, we will gladly investigate further the reason for the delay.

We are grateful for your time and look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely, The Customer Care Team.

Iggyearl

I hope you got a copy of your rescission letter to take with you. You must cancel in writing.