At least you did not buy.They were nice until we purchased.

After paying $150,000.00 and buying into the GrandLux , they were not able to accommodate us when we tried to make a reservation. No availability in any of their resorts, even lower than the GrandLux. We were told to deposit our week and then exchange into the Mayan. Now we had to pay exchange fees, and an additional $75,00 usage fees to be on the property.

I could have bought a $10,000.00 time share in the USA and then did the same saving me $140,000.00.

Don't buy into what they call themselves GROUPO VIDANTA.They suck.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $150000. This person is overall dissatisfied with Vida Vacations. The most disappointing about vida vacations vacation ownership at Vida Vacations was customer service, sales staff and unrelenting sales people tactics , but reviewer liked waiters. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Vida Vacations.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Hotels and Resorts category for more informed decision or compare Vida Vacations to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Vida Vacations?

Comments

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #1277618

Your review didn't state which dates you requested lodging.There are 3 levels: Elite, Red, and White.

Elite members can travel anytime during the year. White time is the least desirable (currently June and September). Red members can travel anytime during the year (except certain holidays).

Keep in mind how timeshares work.

The Sales Office can sell each week 51 times. Thus, when the Sales Team sells the first timeshare unit, that unit is no longer available to the Sales Team for sale. Until the 51st to last timeshare is sold, the Developer (Sales Team) owns at least 1 unit in the building. The Developer may rent his owned timeshare units as hotel rooms, assign them to organizations (such as Expedia and Travelocity as available inventory), or make the units available to Members paying additional maintenance fees (Privilege Weeks).

I think you need to request your week earlier (such as 6 to 9 months before occupancy).

If you own Red and you want to travel for Christmas or New Year's, you might consider upgrading to an Elite Membership (at an additional cost).The other option would be to use a Privilege Week.

margaretnewer
#1208797

I've spent a lot of money and i was scammed by other companies trying to cancel my timeshare. My advice is that if you're going to hire a company to help you with the problem, DO NOT PAY ANYTHING UPFRONT, because it use to be a fraud. I did a research on internet and i found some interesting articles, i recommend you to read this one:

Alfredo V. Bonfil, Quintana Roo, Mexico #1173467

How could you pay $150K to these skunks???? We were rubbed $20K and I am determined to ruin their business till I get my money back.